Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kathryn's Family Tribute + Rework

Kathryn came to me looking to cover up some small, but sprawling work on her left arm. A nautical star with radiating lines, cat paws, and 4 crooked numbers. In her words:

"My family inspired the ideas. I already have a tattoo with a star and lines and the paw prints and the 14, 15, 16, and 20 but I just am not happy with it and I'm hoping it's not too difficult to cover. The flowers represent the women in my life being my two grandmas and my mother and my 1 month old niece is named Violet so the violet obviously represents her. The bluebird is the bird of happiness which is something I need more of in my life, the numbers are the years my grandparents were born (1914, 1915, 1916, and 1920) and the paw prints belong to my cat who passed away who as crazy as it sounds was my best friend.
"

The nautical star became a large daisy, the paw prints became weird new flowers, and the numbers were covered and redone into new dew drops on the leaves. The finished piece:






Kathryn's arm, before:


The final rework sketch:



No comments:

Post a Comment