Friday, June 18, 2010

Melanie's Tribute to Her Kids

So.... Melanie found me through a mutual friend and wanted to cover an old tattoo. She gave me a lot of space to work on, and a lot of wiggle room for ideas. Her Children - Azalea, Jadon, and Trinity were to be the focus of this piece. Here's what I came up with:

For Azalea - Azaleas. 'Nuff said. In my search for something to represent Jadon, I researched the meaning of his name: "Jehova has heard." Well with further looking I found "The Royal Order of Jehova" who use this same meaning as a motto. The sun/cross symbol I designed around the old tattoo is called the "Order of Knighthood," a pendant worn by any Prince of the Royal Order. Thought it rang true. Worked through the pendant is a bow and arrow Sagittarius symbol, as they are all born under the Sagittarius zodiac. For Trinity, a Celtic trinity spiral.

Here's the completed tattoo:





Here's the tattoo we covered up:




Log: 2 Sessions, 7 total hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment